Lippe-Issel-Niederrhein - experience the area!
The region Lippe-Issel-Niederrhein invites you to exciting journeys of discovery! Situated in the north-west of North Rhine - Westphalia in close proximity to the Netherlands it has to offer extraordinary natural phenomena: The picturesque interplay between land and river gives this area its special charm. A variety of scenic and cultural attractions are waiting to be discovered. The idyllic landscape is also an interactive experience - whether by canoe on the water or by bike on the well-developed network of cycle paths.
Cycling- packages for "3-Flüsse-Route"
With the newly developed packages you can meet the 3-Flüsse-Route and the region Lippe-Issel-Niederrhein now even more intensively: Choose between offers from three thematic areas and tour lengths between three and five days. Your personal favorite tour is right there for you! For more information and bookings: www.2-land-reisen.de.
Lower Rhine - Westphalia - Good
Information at http://www.facebook.com/feinesvomland
Tips and hintsApp for 3-Flüsse-Route
The "3-Flüsse-Route" on the go! With the app, you will always have all the necessary information and many useful tools for your tour in the region Lippe-Issel-Niederrhein:
- detailed map representations that can be stored offline
- tour planner with routing function
- environment show sightseeing , dining and accommodation establishments
- community function etc.
The app is available for both iOS and Android devices in the stores - for free!
European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development: Europe investing in rural areas.
Getting thereThe region Lippe- Issel - Niederrhein is located in the north- west of North Rhine - Westphalia in close proximity to the Ruhr area and the Netherlands. For directions by car , you can use the A3 and A31 as well as the federal highways B8 , B58 , B70 , B224 and B473 .
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bicycle Touring
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Bicycle Touring
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Spoke wrench
- Zip ties
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- Luggage system as required for length of journey: panniers with racks
- Handlebar / frame / saddle bags
- Mudguards recommended
- Tent (3- or 4-season)
- Stove (including fuel and utensils)
- Sleeping mat. Sleeping bag with suitable temperature rating.
- Toiletries and medication
- Toilet paper
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Alpine club membership card if applicable / ID
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
- 3 Stages